Active time: 10 min Total time: 25 min
- 450 g mixed berries, frozen
- 300 g water
- 150 g sugar
- 30 g vanilla sugar, homemade
- 300 g rum
- Place berries, water, sugar and vanilla sugar in mixing bowl then heat 15 min/ 90°C/ speed 2. Pour through a fine sieve, collecting liquid in a bowl below. Discard contents of sieve.
- Place bowl with strained liquid on mixing bowl lid and weigh in rum. Remove bowl from lid and stir together well. Pour into sterilised bottles (see tip). Label, then, once cool, store in fridge until presenting as gifts.
· To ensure the liqueur keeps well, make sure the bottles are sterilised. Do this by washing the bottles thoroughly with detergent and then drying them in a warm oven. Pour the finished liqueur into still warm bottles.
· The liqueur keeps unopened for up to 3 months when stored in a cool, dry place.
UTENSILS Thermomix parts: Spatula, Measuring cup; Useful items: fine sieve, sterilised glass bottles.
SERVING SIZE 2 bottles (0,5 l).
NUTRITIONAL LEVEL per 1 bottle (à 0,5 l) Energy 3322 kJ / 794 kcal; Protein 2 g; Carb 103 g; Fat 1 g; Cholesterol 0 mg.
This recipe is from Vorwerk International.