Thermomix® time: 10-15 min
Total time: 2h 20 min
- 40 g white rice
- 60 g raw sugar
- 300 g plain flour
- 250 g butter, cut into cubes
- 100 g shelled and unsalted pistachios
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 300 g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a baking tray (30 x 40 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place rice and sugar into the mixing bowl and mill 1 min/ speed 10. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add flour and butter and mix 5 sec/ speed 5, then knead 40 sec/ dough mode.
- Add pistachios and dried cranberries and chop Turbo/ 1 sec/ 3-4 times, until a roughly chopped yet even consistency is achieved.
- Transfer mixture onto a silicone bread mat or lightly floured work surface and work mixture into a log (30 cm long). Wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour to rest. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Remove from refrigerator, then using a serrated bread knife, cut into round slices (approx. 0.5 cm thick) to form biscuits. Place biscuits onto prepared baking tray and bake for approx. 20-30 minutes (150°C), or until biscuits are lightly golden.
- Leave shortbread to cool on baking tray for 10 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- While shortbread is cooling, place white chocolate into mixing bowl and grate 5 sec/ speed 8. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then melt 3 min/ 37°C/ speed 1. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula again, then melt for a further 5-7 min/ 37°C/ speed 1, or until chocolate has completely melted.
- Once shortbread has cooled, dip half of each biscuit into the melted chocolate. Place dipped shortbread onto a plate or tray lined with baking paper, then transfer into the refrigerator until chocolate has set (approx. 30 minutes).
- Serve immediately or transfer into a sealable container to store until use.
Tip: Baked shortbread will freeze well and can be dipped in the white chocolate while frozen. They will keep for up to 3 months in a freezable container in the freezer.
Utensils: Thermomix parts – Spatula, Measuring cup.
Useful items: baking paper, baking tray (30 x 40 cm), plastic wrap, silicone bread mat, serrated bread knife, wire rack, sealable container.
Serving size: 30 pieces 950 g.
Nutritional values per 1 piece (1 shortbread biscuit with white chocolate dip): Energy 792 kJ / 189 kcal. Protein 3 g. Carb 18 g. Fat 12 g. Cholesterol 21 mg. Dietary fibre <1 g.
Price level: low.
This recipe is from Vorwerk International.