Active time: 5 min Total time: 15 min
- 80 – 120 g raw sugar, to taste
- 250 g water
- 20 g lemon juice (approx. ½ lemon)
- 2 cinnamon quills, plus extra to serve
- 12 whole cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 750 g dry red wine (1 bottle)
- orange, sliced, to serve
- Place sugar, water, lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg into mixing bowl and cook 5 min/ 100°C/ speed 1.
- Add wine and cook 7 min/ 80°C/ speed 1. Strain through simmering basket into serving jug and serve hot, garnished with orange slices and extra cinnamon quills.
TIP This is a great recipe for those cold winter months or to serve at your next Christmas in July party.
UTENSILS Thermomix parts: Simmering basket, Spatula, Measuring cup; Useful items: serving jug
SERVING SIZE 6 portions (1000 g total)
NUTRITIONAL VALUES per 1 portion: Energy 368 kJ / 87 kcal, Protein <1 g, Carb 21 g, Fat <1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Dietary fibre 2 g
PRICE LEVEL low
This recipe is from Vorwerk International.