Thermomix® time: 2.30 min Total time: 40 min
Ingredients for the dough
- 550 g sifted all-purpose flour
- 25 g sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Butter softened
- 2 eggs yolks
- 165 g white wine
- Oil for fry
Ingredients for the filling
- 250 g sugar
- 100 g chocolate, diced
- 800 g ricotta cheese
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 80 g candied pumpkin
- Candied orange peel to taste
Preparation of the dough
- Place flour, sugar, salt, butter and egg yolks into mixing bowl and whisk 10 sec/ speed 6. Scrape down the sides of mixing bowl with the aid of spatula.
- Set 20 sec/ speed 6 and slowly introduce wine.
- Knead 1 min/ mode dough.
- Remove and let it stand for one hour.
- Stretch dough until it has about 2 mm thickness.
- Cut circles with the aid of a bowl or glass.
- Roll dough in order to form a tube, overlapping one end over the other. If necessary wet the dough and press with aid of a fork so it won’t open.
- Fry in oil, turning the tubes so you can fry both sides. Let them cool on a sheet of absorbent paper.
Preparation of the filling
- Pulverise sugar 20 sec/ speed 10. Set aside.
- Chop chocolate 8 sec/ speed 5. Set aside.
- Within the clean mixing bowl place ricotta, pulverised sugar and cinnamon and mix 20 sec/ speed 6.
- Add chocolate and pumpkin and set 6 sec/ reverse position/ speed 4.
- Fulfil the cannoli and sprinkle with candied orange peel. Keep in the cold.