Thermomix® time: 1.5 min Total time: 60 min
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp whole wheat pastry or white wheat flour
- 3 tbsp carob powder
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 medium banana mashed (about 1/3 cup)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup melted unsalted butter / rapeseed oil/ coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Oil for greasing/ Greaseproof paper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a (9-inch) baking pan with spray oil and set aside.
- In TM5 mixing bowl, whisk together egg, milk, butter or oil and vanilla 30 sec/ speed 3.
- Add banana, honey and cinnamon and mix 15 sec/ speed 4.
- Combine flours, carob powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt into mixing bowl and mix 40 sec/ speed 5 with aid of spatula.
- Check if all dry ingredients are mixed well to the egg mixture.
- Whisk in ½ cup hot water and mix a further 10 sec/ speed 5.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Set aside to let cool for 15 minutes, then serve warm or remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.