Thermomix® time: 30 sec Total time: 30 min
- 200 g almonds (raw or baked 180ºC for 6 minutes then cooled)
- 200 g sugar (half white and half brown if you like)
- Zest of 1 lemon or orange (you want some citrus bit to show)
- 200 g flour pain
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp orange blossom water
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- Honey or golden syrup to taste
- Grind almonds 6 sec/ speed 10. Set aside.
- Place sugar and citrus zest into mixing bowl and grind 6 sec/ speed 10.
- Add ground almond and the remaining ingredients and set 10-20 sec/ dough mode until it comes together as a stiff dough (keep looking through top).
- Bake on well buttered sheet pans at 180ºC for c static or 175ºC if fan assisted, about 13 minutes (for 100 g portions of dough, larger one baked in 17 minutes). They need to come out still soft in the centre.
- While hot use a pastry brush to spread honey or golden syrup for vegans, and sprinkle chopped nuts and some zest.