Active time: 45 min
Total time: 1 h 30 min
- 400 g sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 500 g almonds
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 egg whites, from medium eggs
- Place 100 g sugar in mixing bowl and grind 15 sec/ speed 10 to icing sugar. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place remaining 300 g sugar and cinnamon sticks in mixing bowl then grind 15 sec/ speed 10. Transfer to another bowl and set aside.
- Place almonds in mixing bowl and grind 15 sec/ speed 10.
- Add sugar-cinnamon mix and grind again 15 sec/ speed 10.
- Add honey and 2 egg whites then mix 10 sec/ speed 5. Transfer to a bowl and knead by hand, then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 150°C and line 3 baking trays with baking paper. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- For the glaze, place 1 egg white and reserved icing sugar in mixing bowl then mix 3 min/ speed 3.5 until white and thick like a syrup.
- In several batches, roll dough out between 2 sheets of cling film to a thickness of 6-8 mm. With a star-shaped pastry cutter (3-4 cm) cut out 60 stars and place on prepared trays. Brush with glaze and bake one tray at a time for 12-14 minutes (150°C) (see tip).
- Transfer baked stars to a wire rack, being very careful as they are very soft while still hot. Leave to cool completely before serving or storing in a biscuit tin.
· Instead of cinnamon sticks, 2 tsp ground cinnamon can be used.
· If you don’t have three baking trays, place cinnamon stars on baking paper cut to the size of a baking tray. Then you can easily slide it onto a baking tray once it is free.
· Cut out and glaze enough biscuits for 1 baking tray then whilst they are cooking prepare the next tray of biscuits.
UTENSILS Thermomix parts: measuring cup; Useful items: 3 baking trays and baking paper, pastry brush, pastry cutter, rolling pin, cling film, wire rack.
SERVING SIZE 60 pieces
NUTRITIONAL LEVEL per 1 portion Energy 325 kJ / 77 kcal; Protein 2 g; Carb 7 g; Fat 4 g.
This recipe is from Vorwerk International.