- 6 eggs
- 140 g caster sugar
- ½ tsp best quality vanilla extract
- 1 lemon
- 100 g self raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease a cake tin and set aside.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Place egg whites into mixing bowl and whisk 5 min/ speed 3. Pour to a tupperware and set aside.
- Clean and dry the mixing bowl, place sugar and lemon zest and grind 20 sec/ speed 9.
- Insert butterfly again, add egg whites and vanilla extract and mix 17 sec/ speed 2.
- Add the flour and gently mix 13 seg/ speed 2.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 25 minutes (170ºC) or until a toothpick or skewer in the centre comes out with a few damp crumbs.
- Allow to cool and serve.